How to exercise outdoors with your baby
Unfortunately, studies show that fitness and motherhood do not go hand-in-hand—finding time to exercise is the challenge most new parents face. Studies also show that exercising with a baby stroller is an effective way to get exercise and lose the baby fat.
Burn More Calories!
Pushing a stroller burns more 18-20 percent more calories than walking alone. On average, you’ll burn about 100 calories for every mile, and you’ll help reduce carbon dioxide in the environment.
Exercising with a Stroller
Baby strollers have come a long way from the day of the covered buggy. Today’s strollers are built for both walking and jogging and rugged enough to take on the trail. Whether running errands or working out, keeping your baby at arm’s-length while you exercise is a stress free way to save time and energy. And your baby will benefit from the fresh air, the natural light, and a happy, healthy parent.
Choosing the right Stroller
Here are a few tips to keep you and your baby safe.
• Select a stroller with a sturdy lightweight frame with three non-swivel wheels.
• Choose a model with 16-20 inch diameter inflatable tires.
• An adjustable-height handlebar with handbrake will help set your posture and your pace for walking or jogging on flat and hills.
• A rear wheel foot brake is essential for starts and stops when you exercise.
• Reclining seat with padded shoulder harness
Other features to consider:
• Sun canopy and Runaway leash
Small steps really do lead to BIG changes…so take your baby outside for a walk, run, or jog. Your body, your baby, and the environment will thank you!
Back To Blog