Did you know that certain foods can boost your immunity?
Experts say that by just eating a diet rich in fruits & vegetables and low in fat and sugar, can actually help ward off illness. That’s because poor nutrition can lead to an inflammatory response—weakening the immune system.
Here are six foods that can help strengthen your immune system:
• Yogurt—with its healthy bacteria and live cultures help to boost and maintain a healthy Immunity.
• Ginger Tea is known to fight viruses because it contains substances that act directly against cold viruses.
• Chicken soup really does fight colds. A Study by a Nebraska Medical Center found that Chicken Soup suppressed inflammation—the cause of many cold symptoms. What’s more, it doesn’t matter if it’s canned or homemade.
• Tomatoes— Packed with antioxidants, vitamin C, potassium, and carotenoids, these red beauties also contain lycopene, a phytochemical proven to protect against cancers, especially prostate cancer.
• Salmon—The abundance of Omega-3 fatty acids found in this fish reduces the risk of heart disease, stimulates the immune system, and might even reduce the incidence of depression.
• Spinach—Loaded with antioxidants, vitamin C and K, and studies show it can help you to think more clearly!