Tone your entire body in as little as 10 minutes!
The only thing you need to complete this workout is a bench, log or sturdy stump. That’s it! This total body session targets all of your major muscle groups. It will also get your heart pumping. You’ll walk away from this workout fully oxygenated, with a rosy glow.
Note: Make sure that your bench or log is sturdy and not too high.
Perform each exercise for 60-90 seconds
2. Lateral Step-ups
3. Wide-legged Squat
4. Full-body Press
5. Full-body Dips
• Step up with your right foot, making full foot contact–especially through the heel–as you rise up. Bring your left knee up toward your chest and cross your elbow toward your knee.
• Lower you left foot and then your right foot.
• Create a rhythm: “Up, up, down, down…Up, up, down, down.”
• As you march, think about maintaining great posture and stepping down softly through the ball of your foot.
• Continue anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
• Stand laterally to the step, with your hands on your hips.
• Use your right foot to step sideways onto the step, and lifting your left leg out to the side.
• Step down on to your left foot. Follow with the right foot and tap the ground before stepping up again, and repeating the leg lift.
• Create a rhythm—up, up, down, down.
• Halfway through, switch lead-legs.
• Position your feet just beyond shoulder-width apart with toes positioned naturally from the heels.
• Distribute your body weight evenly between both feet.
• Lift your ribs to engage your center.
• Press your palms firmly together at the height of your sternum, and lower your shoulders down, away from your ears.
• Maintain pressure between your palms.
• Inhale as you lower your hips pressing your tailbone back behind you and your knees create a 90° angle.
• Be sure to keep your knees and body weight aligned over your mid-foot through your heels.
• Pause for a second, then exhale as you press up through your heels to the starting position.
Full Body Press
• Place your hands on the ground just a bit wider than shoulder-width apart.
• Step back to a distance that elongates your backside in a straight line from your heels to your head.
• Slowly lower your chest, while at the same time contracting your glutes as you lift your right leg at least 12-15 inches off the ground, flexing your right foot (point your toes towards your knee).
• Exhale up, pushing through your palms to lift your chest, while at the same time lowering your right leg.
• Alternate lifting your right and left legs.
Full-body Triceps Dip
• From a seated position, place your hands hip-width apart, palms down and fingertips forward along the edge of the bench.
• Extend your legs in front of you, knees slightly bent and feet flexed against the ground.
• Lift your right leg stick-straight out in front of you.
• Begin to lower your body as you curl your right knee toward your chest to engage your abs.
• As you return to the starting position, press firmly through your palms and left heel to engage your triceps, as well as your glutes and hamstrings.
TVA Abdominal Flattener
Back To Blog
• Lie on your back with your hands held lightly behind your head, elbows pointing out to the side, with your knees bent and your feet flat and spaced feet shoulder-width apart, about 10-12 inches from your glutes.
• Press the area between your navel, your hips and tailbone firmly into the ground—and maintain this pressure throughout the entire exercise.
• Exhale, lifting your shoulder blades anywhere from a half-inch to two inches off the ground.
• Inhale as you lower.
• Maintain even pressure between your navel and the pelvis and make sure your feet remain flat—toes to heel.